Are you looking for solutions to convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online, then follow this blog further we will discuss how to convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks is an accounting and payroll suite that offers cross-platform compatibility. Many businesses utilize this software to manage their employee accounts, wages, taxes, company inventory, sales, and revenues. QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks for Windows, and QuickBooks for Mac have become readily available as multi-platform users rose.
However, there are specific technical steps when users want to enjoy the cross-platform portability benefits. Accounting Error Solutions bring you the most accurate and effortless methods for cross-platform file conversion. When you need to convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online, go through the article till the end to experience success during accounting operations.
Convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online—The Three-Step Method
A. Export QuickBooks Mac File to QuickBooks Online
- Run QuickBooks for Mac program and open the Mac company file.
- Once you select the company file, tap on “Export to QuickBooks Online.”
- You need to log in to the QuickBooks online suite using a password and user ID.
- QuickBooks Online will start importing data after you tap on “OK, Got it.”
- The import of company file data from Mac to QuickBooks online may take up to 24 hours. It will depend on the amount of data that needs migration.
- The user will receive an email confirmation shortly.
The above steps are for a general approach to convert a QuickBooks Mac desktop file to QuickBooks Online data migration.
B. Import QuickBooks Mac File to QuickBooks Online on Mac 2016 Device
- Update QuickBooks for Mac to the latest available version.
- In the QuickBooks app. look at the top side and click on QuickBooks and then click on “Check for update.
- Once the program updates itself, close the software. Relaunch QuickBooks for Mac to get the updated version.
- Navigate to menu item “File” and choose “Export.” It will trigger the migration of company file from QB Mac to QuickBooks Online.
- You will get an email after the successful completion of the data export to QB online.
If you are using an older Mac computer than the 2016 version, go to the next section for further instructions.
C. Get QuickBooks Mac Files to QuickBooks Online from Mac 2015 or Older Devices
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac will only run on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher.
- Get the free trial setup file of QuickBooks for Mac 2016 and install the software.
- Take back up for the necessary company files if you need to switch to the 2016 Mac QuickBooks later in the future.
- Let the file up-gradation and back up to complete.
- Now, access the “File” menu and click on the “Export Company Files to QuickBooks Online” button.
- After successful completion of data export, you will get an email.
- Through that email, you may sign in to QuickBooks online and verify the migration file.
The above steps describe how to convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online. For any advanced assistance, contact Accounting Error Solutions support.
Things to Consider Before Starting the Migration process
When you decide to convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online, take a look at the following points:
- If using a QuickBooks for Mac program older than 2016, please download and set up the free trial for QuickBooks Mac. Then you may begin with the company file migration process.
- Log in as the admin in QuickBooks Mac software. Additionally, to export company files to QB Online, you need admin access to that as well.
- Within the first 60 days of QuickBooks Online company file set up, you can export QuickBooks for Mac company file.
- When you export the QB Mac file, it will replace the QuickBooks Online company file. The new data will overwrite the existing Qb Online file.
- If you have already set up the Payroll function in QuickBooks, don’t convert the existing QuickBooks for Mac company file.
- The QuickBooks company file must be below 350,000 targets.
- If you need to inventory data to QuickBooks online, you will need to do that from the QuickBooks Windows suite.
- Some information from the existing QB Mac company file may not migrate to the QB Online program.
Convert a QuickBooks Mac Desktop file to QuickBooks Online by following the steps suggested by Accounting Error Solutions. Should you need any technical assistance from our QuickBooks service team, please contact us.
For More Information