The accounting software QuickBooks is popular among the accountants as it eases the task of accounting to a great level. The occurrence of QuickBooks Error 103 in the accounting software simply is an indication of the fact that the official website of the bank has rejected the permission to let you sign in. This usually occurs because the user has not updated the login credentials on the accounting software of QuickBooks. This causes undue wastage of time and resources of the user of the accounting software. However, the help from the team of QuickBooks Online customer service is always available to let you continue your work without any hassle. You can easily contact the QuickBooks customer service team for effective help. To receive an instant solution you can also dial QuickBooks help number at any time of need. The team of customer service is always available to offer assistance.
Common Reasons for Occurrence of Error Code 103
The common reasons for the occurrence of error code 103 are discussed below
- A high possibility exists that you might have entered the wrong credentials while connecting the financial software with the institution for the first time.
- There is also a chance that you may have selected the incorrect financial institution from the given list of the financial institution. This is highly possible because with so many banks to choose from there are always similar names and logos creating confusion while in a hurry.
- You may have changed the credentials in the financial institution or the selected bank. However, the transformation of the credentials has not been done on the accounting software of QuickBooks.
Easy to implement Solution for the Elimination of the Error Code 103
Solution-1: Update the credentials on QuickBooks
- Go to the left-hand side of the menu and select the option of Banking from it.
- Now locate the point where the error code 103 is getting displayed.
- After locating the point, click on it.
- Now a list of the menu will appear.
- Choose the option of Edit from the list of Menu.
- Make the necessary changes in the credentials.
- After entering the new credentials.
- Choose the option of Update.
After the update gets completed you need to try logging in accounting software present in the computer device.
Solution-2: Add & Use a New account
- Select the option of the transaction by clicking on it.
- Now locate the option of Banking and select it.
- Now you are required to add an account to it.
- Choose the option of ‘Add Account’ by clicking on it.
- A box will appear on the screen.
- You are required to type the name of the bank in this vacant box.
- After entering the correct name of the bank hit the option of search present right next to it.
- A list of options will appear with various bank names.
- Select the correct name with caution to avoid any form of hassle.
- This will allow you to log-in to your bank account.
- A page will pop up where you are supposed to enter the correct credentials of your account.
- Having logged in you can add your QB account and select the option of Connect.
- Finally hit on the ok button to complete the process.
Solution-3: Update the Sign-in Information
- The first step is to opt for the banking option.
- Now locate and click over the ‘Pencil icon’ present on the page.
- Now click on the tab of ‘Edit Sign-in Info’.
- Click on the hyperlink present on the top of the Window to access the bank website.
- Now a new window will appear where you will be able to make access your account.
- You can make the necessary changes in the account causing the error.
Solution-4: Disconnect the Account causing Error
- Click on the icon of Transaction to select it.
- Now tap on the option of Banking.
- Now a list of accounts already linked to the accounting software will appear.
- Select the account that is causing the error to disconnect it.
- Click on the icon of Pencil to begin the editing process.
- Select the icon of Edit Account Info.
- Now mark the box to completely disconnect the account and Save changes.
This will disconnect the account and you can now reconnect it with proper credentials by utilizing Method-2 discussed before.
Other Possible Causes of Error Code 103
- A missing cookie may also cause for the error code 103 to pop up over the screen of the user.
- If the .MSI file contains a virus or a bug then it may cause error code 103 to occur.
- Issues in the configuration of the internet browser also cause error code 103.
- Bugs or issues in the bank official website or some up-gradation work occurring in the bank website may also pop up error code 103.
Symptoms of Error Code 103
- Upon entering the credentials while logging in the screen will repeatedly pop-up with a message displaying as ‘incorrect username or password’.
- The error code 103 will get displayed on the screen.
- In some cases, the user may be able to log-in but will fail to perform any transaction.
- The webpage takes too long and repeatedly get you logged out of the account.
The error code 103 is common in the accounting software and causes frustration among the users. It prevents the business organization to use the accounting software to its optimum potential. Hence it is essential to eliminate the error code effectively. The error code 103 can be easily eliminated by following any of the above-discussed methods. However, if the issue is related to the bank server then the error may persist in the accounting software. The team of QuickBooks Online customer service can be easily connected to resolve the occurrence of error code efficiently. Feel free to contact QuickBooks customer service team during any time of the day or night as the service is available for round the clock hours. You can connect with us via email, live-chats, or by simply dialing QuickBooks help number to receive assistance quickly.