Many accounts and bookkeeping programs are available in a standalone or online format. Quickbooks is one of the best, which allows both cloud-based or Windows-based user interfaces. Users often want to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows. Knowing the steps will help you to run the offline QuickBooks from the desktop.
The Six-Step Method to Convert a QuickBooks Online File to QuickBooks for Windows
The steps to convert QuickBooks online data to the QuickBooks Windows system is quite simple. Here is the step by step guidance:
1. Install the QuickBooks Desktop
- Visit the QuickBooks website and download QuickBooks for Desktop software.
- Launch the program after installation.
- Go to the section "File" and choose "Close Company."
- Keep the app open as it is and go to the next step.
2. Log in to QuickBooks Online and Get the Migration Tool
- Use existing credentials to log in to QuickBooks Online.
- In the Internet browser's address bar, click once to select the entire address.
- Locate anything after /app/ and replace those with exportqbodatatoqbdt.
- Please keep the number in the URL as it is.
- Now hit enter to access "Export Overview Window."
- Read the guidelines and then click "Get Started."
- Tap on "Download Too" to get the "QuickBooks Desktop Migration Tool."
- Locate the tool and double-click on it.
- Start the software installation by tapping on "Install."
- Accept the license agreement form and then select "Next."
- Now choose setup type as "Complete" to finish the installation.
- The tool will install on the Windows computer, and it may take a few minutes.
The migration tool is essential when users want to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows.
3. Select QuickBooks Online Data and Confirm Email for Delivery
- Now switch to the QuickBooks Online browser page.
- It should show the "Prepare to Export" window.
- Tap "Continue" on this page.
- There are certain limitations of migrating QuickBooks Online data to the Windows version. You can learn those at this step. After complete, tap on "Continue" to move further.
- Enter the name and email address to which QuickBooks Online to Desktop file should go.
- Now select "Confirm" to start the email confirmation process.
- Tap on "Close" on the screen where it shows "Email Confirmation," which will take you back to the QuickBooks Online file.
- Wait for some time to get the email confirmation from QuickBooks online servers. The wait time depends on the amount of data to migrate from online to Windows version.
It is the crucial step when you need to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows.
4. Download the Migration File to Windows Computer
- Go back to the export window in the QuickBooks Online web portal.
- Again tap on "Get Started."
- The "Prepare to Export" page will open; tap on "Continue."
- A new page will open, which will say "Select Your Data."
- Choose similar options as before and tap "Continue."
- The migration file should be ready by now.
- To confirm and download, locate the same message on the "Exporting from QuickBooks Online" page and tap on "Continue to Download."
- Now choose the "Download QBXML" file.
- The website will prompt you to save the above file to a location of your choice.
- Choose an accessible location like the desktop and tap on "Continue."
- The computer will save the migration file on the desktop location.
5. Open Migration File in QuickBooks Desktop to Review Data
- In the QuickBooks Windows program, it should display "No Company Open Screen."
- If there is any open company from previous sessions, close that.
- To do so, go to "File" and tap on "Close Company."
- Review reports comparing migration data before and after the export process.
The review step is essential as you want to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows.
6. Launch the QuickBooks (Desktop) Windows Migration Tool
- Make sure that you are on the "No Company Open" screen of the QuickBooks Desktop app.
- Run the QuickBooks Desktop Migration tool from a Windows computer.
- Select the path to the QBXML file and then click on "Import."
- Decide a name and location for the new QuickBooks Desktop file.
- QuickBooks Application certificate will appear.
- Click on the read/ modify rights message to proceed and tap on "Done" in the confirmation box.
- Click on "Done" once the data import is complete.
Note: The import process will take a while, depending upon the amount of data. Computer performance also is an essential factor.
This step marks the completion when you want to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows.
Some users could prefer using the QuickBooks Windows program if they purchase a paid subscription. Therefore, many QuickBooks Online Solutions user wants to convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows. Go through the steps and easily migrate online QuickBooks adat to Windows QuickBooks program.
For more information contact us:- https://accountingerrorsolution.com/contact-us
How can you move your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online
How to Convert a QuickBooks Online file to Windows and Desktop to online
How do you move your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online