How to resolve while reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop
Although QuickBooks is one of the accounting software and sometimes many users face the issue that QuickBooks online does not get match with your bank statement at the reconciliation process end. However, if you want to fix issues when you’re reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop, you can go through the relevant steps hereby mentioned below.
Effective Steps to fix problems While reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop
Some appropriate steps to fix issues when you’re reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop are hereby mentioned below.
Review your beginning and opening balances
Always review that your beginning and opening balances are correct. Once you know these are correct, you can proceed over some other issues.
Look for altered, deleted, or added transactions
There are numerous reports in QuickBooks that explain you if anything has been altered, deleted, or added: You can run a Reconciliation Discrepancy report and this report shows the transactions that were changed since your last reconciliation. Some of the steps sorted by statement dates.
- Open the reports menu.
- Hover over Banking and choose the option– Reconciliation Discrepancy.
- Choose the account that you are reconciling.
- After that choose the OK button.
- Review the report and seek for discrepancies.
- Now, you can connect with the person who made the changes.
- There might be some reason that made the changes.
- Once you know, you have to edit the transaction as needed.
Run a Missing Checks report
While reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop you can run the missing check reports by following these:
- Open the Reports menu.
- Hover over the Banking and choose– Missing Checks.
- Choose the account that you are reconciling and choose OK button.
- Finally, Review the report and look for the transactions on the report that are not available on your bank statement.
- However, if it’s not on your bank statement, then it should not be on your reconciliation.
Run a Transaction Detail report
While reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop you can run the transaction Detail report to check whether any transactions changed or not.
- First of all, go to the Reports menu.
- Hover over the Custom Reports and choose Transaction Detail.
- Now, choose the Display tab and in the date from field, you can choose the earliest date in QuickBooks for the account.
- Moreover, you can also leave it blank.
- In the date, you have to fill your last reconciliation.
- Open the Filters tab.
- In the Account field, you can choose the account that you are reconciling.
- In the first or last modified field, set the Date from to the date of your last reconciliation.
- Now, you have to set the date to field to today’s date.
- Choose OK to run the report.
- Now, you have to look for any transactions or discrepancies that do not match with your bank statement.
- Now, you have to contact the person who made the change.
- There may be some reasons they made the change.
- Once you know the reason, edit the transaction as needed.
- If you need any assistance, you have to reach out to your accountant.
Collaborate with Our Tech Service Executive for Instant Assistance
If you are still getting the same issues when you’re reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop, you can contact our service expert team straight away. We will walk you through some more bonus tips that can easily fix the issue on time.
For More Information