Transferring your data to QuickBooks Online is very easy, and it won’t affect the original copy of file. To convert a QuickBooks Mac to desktop file is very helpful for many business owners, but there are a few things that you need to consider before making the switch.
- Be sure that you always install the latest software updates in your version of QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, you have to tap on the Help button
- Hit on the option of Update QuickBooks
- Once the update is complete; you have to tap on the Menu– Company.
- Select the option of Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
Effective Steps for Converting the File for Windows
- Go to the company file in QuickBooks for Mac user.
- Select the option of file
- After that, you have to Backup QuickBooks for Windows.
- Now, you have to specify a file name and save the location in the Save As window.
- Tap on the Save option and allow the backup process to run.
- Transfer the file to the Windows PC.
- Go to QuickBooks for Windows.
- You have to select the File
- You can choose anyone from the Open or Restore the QuickBooks Company.
- In the Restore Company window, select a Restore backup copy.
- Now, you have to select a Local backup and tap on the Next.
- Now, you have to search and choose .QBB file from the Mac user and hit on Open button to open it.
- Hit on the Yes button and then click on OK when prompted to convert the file.
Uncompromising Guidelines to Convert a QuickBooks Mac to desktop file
Here are some of the relevant steps mentioned below to convert a QuickBooks Mac to a desktop file
- Go to the company file in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Choose the option of file
- Under it, you can choose the option of Utilities
- Now, you have to copy the Company File to QuickBooks for Mac.
- Save the file and transfer the file to the Mac computer.
- Go to the QuickBooks option for Mac.
- Select the File option and restore it.
- After that, you can choose the option– From a Disk.
- Now, you have to choose the file and then open it.
- Hit on the OK button when prompted to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- You have to enter a name for the restored QuickBooks file.
- Hit on the Save button to save all the required changes.
How Can You Move the Company Files to the Same Account?
If there are numerous companies under separate accounts in QuickBooks Online, here are some of the ways to move the company file such as:
- At the first step, you have to Sent an Invite
- In the Next step, Change the Master admin and remove the email to free up space
Add a new company
Here are some steps related to QuickBooks desktop file add to QuickBooks online that are mentioned below:
- First of all, Visit the QuickBooks Pricing Page and choose the subscription option
- Sign-In to the QuickBooks
- If the account is already login, you have to click– Yes, that’s correct.
- If you are a new user, than create an Intuit account.
- Don't fill out the details unless you want to connect your new company file to a new account.
- Now, you can choose the option– Add another company and Log-In with the user ID and password that you already use for QuickBooks.
However, if you want to know more about how to convert a QuickBooks Mac to desktop file and QuickBooks desktop file add to QuickBooks online. Don’t get panic; you can directly reach the technical advisors for help.