QuickBooks is a renowned program for accounting and payroll solutions. Many small, medium and large companies rely on this application. Sometimes users may need to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows. Go through these simple steps to accomplish the task.
Convert a QuickBooks for Mac File to QuickBooks for Windows
When you want to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows, go through the following subsections:
1. Preparation of a Macintosh File
2. QuickBooks Mac file to Windows file Conversion
A. Mac File Creation for QuickBooks
- The initial task is to copy-paste the “Company File” to the Mac desktop.
- Now check the file name closely. There might be special characters in the file name. If there are any special characters, please “Rename” the file. Make sure that, finally, no special characters remaining.
- Then “Open” the file in QuickBooks.
- The next task is to “Delete” all of the “memorized Transactions.”
- “Delete” the reports as well.
- Now “Rebuild Company File.” For that, click on the “File” button and then select “Utilities,” and then tap on “Rebuild Data.”
- The next step is to enable the “Memo” column and adjust the “Date Range” to “All.”
Running the custom transaction detail report:
- Choose “Reports” and then click on “Custom Transaction Detail report.”
- To change the date range to “All,” click on the “Dates Drop-down” list.
- Now, from the “Columns Drop-down,” click on “Memo.”
- Finally, click on the “OK” button to run the custom transaction detail report.
The above steps complete the first subsection to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows.
After completion of the above steps, creating the Mac file step is almost complete. Carefully review all the memos.
Especially look for memo names, and they should not be longer than 50 characters. Also, memo names should not contain any special characters.
If there are memos with a name longer than 50 characters or containing a special character, remove them. “Edit” the transactions and then rebuild the files.
B. Converting QuickBooks Mac File to QuickBooks Windows File
This subsection starts with the file created from QuickBooks Mac. There are a few steps to get a QuickBooks Windows file. Go through the steps below:
- Run the QuickBooks for Mac program. Then open the “Company File” in QuickBooks for Mac application.
- Now, please select “File” and then choose “Backup to QuickBooks Windows.”
- After that, the user needs to specify a file name for the backup file.
- After the file name, click on the “Save As” option to save the file in a specific location.
- Please click on “Save” to run the backup process.
- The backup process is automated and will complete in a few minutes.
- Transfer the backup file to a Windows computer. Users may use any available file transfer method, for example, email the backup file.
In a Windows computer, perform the following steps:
- In a Windows computer, run the application QuickBooks for Windows.
- Now, click on the “File” on the menu bar and then select “Open or Restore Company.”
- Upon tapping the above item, several options show up. Here, select the “Restore a Backup Copy” and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now another list will show up. Here choose the “Local Backup” and then tap on the “Next” button.
- The QuickBooks for Windows will ask for a file. It will be the backup file from the Mac computer.
- Download the backup file from your email and save it on the Windows desktop.
- Now, on the QuickBooks Windows file location dialogue box, locate the downloaded backup file.
- The file extension should be “.QBB” and now click on “Open.”
- The final step is to type “Yes” in the following dialogue box.
- The QuickBooks for Windows program will show another dialogue box. Tap on “OK.”
So far, the steps to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows above should accomplish the conversion task.
QuickBooks is versatile and effortless accounting software. Also, it allows multi-user functionality so that different people can work on the same company payroll. When users work on other workstations, like Windows and another one is a Mac, file conversion is necessary. Follow these simple steps to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows.
For more info contact us:- email@example.com
How To Convert A QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac
How To Convert A QuickBooks for Mac File To QuickBooks For Windows And Vice Versa