QuickBooks has become one of the popularly known accounting software for most of the accountants, and business owners. Due to its powerful features, users can easily convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows and vice versa. But, there are many new users, who are encountering issues while convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows. Before that, you must know some of the factors that can be taken into consideration for converting QuickBooks Online files.
Factors to Be Taken While Convert A QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows
Mentioned below are some factors to convert a quickbooks for mac file to windows. Follow the factors mentioned below:-
- QuickBooks Mac and QuickBooks Windows version should be same.
- Have an Admin password to proceed further.
- Don’t remember to create a backup file.
- Change the current password for security.
- Don’t type any new information into QuickBooks Mac while the conversion is being going on.
Steps To Convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows
You need to process the below steps to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows
- Go to your Company File in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Choose the option of File and under it, Select Utilities.
- Tap on Export to QuickBooks for Windows.
- Now, give a name to the file and hit on save button on your desktop.
- Obtain a backup of the file.
- Move the file to the Windows PC.
- Go to QuickBooks for Windows.
- Click the File and then select– Open or Restore Company.
- Now, Restore a backup copy and tap on Next.
- Choose the Local backup and hit next.
- From the backup copy, choose the.QBB file that came from the Mac user and hit on Open.
- When prompted to convert the file then type yes and click on OK.
Major Steps to Convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to Mac
You are required to follow some steps to convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to Mac
- Go to Company file in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Open File and Choose Utilities.
- Now, Copy Company File for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Save the company file on the device
- After that, Transfer the file to the Mac system.
- Open QuickBooks for Mac.
- Choose File and Restore it from a Disk.
- Select the File and Hit on Open to Open it.
- Tap on OK when prompted to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Enter a name for the restored file.
- Hit Save to do all changes.
After following the instructions carefully, you can execute all steps without any hassle. However in case if any problem or difficulty with the same convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows and vice versa, or other issues such as– QuickBooks Desktop to online, you should contact the representative team. They will explain you some alternative tips and techniques to resolve your problems regarding to convert a QuickBooks for Mac file to Windows and vice versa and also any other quickbooks related issues. However, if unable to resolve on call, or you are not comfortable on call, you can choose the option of live chat. Our technical advisors will provide you the steps on chat.
For More Information