Do you wish to switch from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac? Welcome! We’re glad to assist you. So you’re perhaps wondering if you can convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac. The answer is: Yes! QuickBooks is an extensively used financial accounting software tool. Several small businesses use accounting software to manage their financial tasks and other related data effectively. It can also easily run on Mac and Windows operating systems, making it quite a demanding financial accounting software product. QuickBooks provides an easy way to Convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac.
Whichever way you choose, the process is still the same. It requires preparing the company file in Mac and then importing the compressed conversion file and QuickBooks for Mac compatible with windows.
The conversion goes in two ways:
- Install QuickBooks for Windows on a Windows-based computer
- Install Parallel QuickBooks on the existing Mac to keep their software on their device.
On your Windows PC
- In QuickBooks for Windows, you have to open the company file you want to convert.
- Choose the option of File
- After that, choose Utilities
- You have to select the Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and Copy the .qbb File to a CD or USB drive or some other media.
On your Mac
- In QuickBooks for Mac, Select the File
- Under File, Select the option of Open Company
- Under it, choose the MAC.qbb file and then click on Open.
- Hit on OK button when asked if you want to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Type a name for the restored File and then tap on the save button.
Steps to Convert A QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac
The effective steps to convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to Quickbooks for Mac are hereby given below.
- In the QuickBooks for Mac, Choose the File
- Select Backup to QuickBooks for Windows
- Save the File to your desktop, as an extension .qbb
- Transfer this newly created File to the Windows computer with QuickBooks installed.
- Open the QuickBooks on the Windows device and Go to File
- After that Select Open/ Restore a backup copy (.qbb) and then tap on Next.
- Hit on Local Backup and then click on next
- Choose the File you just converted.
- Follow all the onscreen steps and update it
- Always answer the update– Yes, when the question is asked for updating.
- To ensure that the process has been done correctly, definitely double check your Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss by showing All Dates.
So, these are the several ways by which you can convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac. Exactly follow them to make sure about QuickBooks for Mac compatible with windows. If you require any assistance regarding convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac and also any other Quickbooks related issues, then you can reach our Quickbooks Helpline support team whenever you want. They will available 24/7 fou your assistance.
For More Information