Are you wondering about the process– How to fix portable company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop? Well, if yes, then reading this article further would be helpful for you. In this article, we will be discussing the step by step process to fix portable Company File issues in QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to share the accounting data and move it to another system, then creating a portable company file is recommended. You can also check for the new release on QuickBooks desktop.
Steps to Troubleshoot portable Company File issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Several steps to fix portable Company File issues in QuickBooks Desktop are mentioned below
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Software
- Open the QuickBooks program and choose the Help tab in it.
- Now select the option of Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select the Update Now option.
- Further, you can select– Reset Update to clear all the previous updates.
- Hit on Get updates and now wait for QuickBooks to finish downloading and installation.
- Restart your QuickBooks to save the new software.
Step 2: Create a Backup File
To create a Backup Company file, follow some of the guidelines:
- Open your QuickBooks Accounting software
- Hit on Files and Switch to the single user.
- Again, tap on Files and Create Local Backup
- After that hit on local backup and click on Next
- Now, you have to Browse and then go to the locations to save your backup file.
- Finally, your device will check the files, and then you will have to tap on OK and save it.
Step 3: Create a Portable Company File
After creating a backup and updating your QuickBooks accounting software to the latest version, you have to compact the company file. Follow the steps to complete this process.
- At the first step, you need to open QuickBooks software on your desktop.
- After that, sign-in as an Admin with a single-user mode.
- Hit on File option from the top-left corner in QuickBooks windows.
- Now, from the drop-down list, choose the tab– Create Copy.
- Now, you have to select the Portable Company files option in a save a copy or backup pop up window.
- Hit on Next to proceed further.
- Now, go to the location to save your file and provide a unique file name.
- Now, tap on the save button to save it.
- Finally, you will have to hit on OK and close the window.
- Now, you have to check the location where you have saved the file.
Step 4: Restore Portable Company File
To restore the Portable files, you will have to access QuickBooks software and login as an admin.
- Choose File menu.
- After that, select–Restore Company from the drop-down list.
- A new pop-up window will open before you, or you have to restore the company file.
- To proceed further hit on Next button.
- Now, choose the location where you have saved the portable file.
- Select the file you want to work upon and click on open and then Next/
- Now again, Go to the location to restore your file and hit on save,
- Finally, you have to tap on the OK button to launch the file,
- Now, create a backup company file before troubleshooting.
You can fix portable company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop by following all the effective steps. If you require any assistance, you can take the help of Quickbooks helpline support experts for guidance about the steps.