The demand for the accounting software of QuickBooks has reached the levels of saturation. Every small and medium-sized business organization seems to invest in the accounting software for maintaining tracks of financial records. The software is diverse in terms of fulfilling the needs of accounting for diverse business organizations. The striking feature of multiuser mode allows many employees to work on the accounting software at the same time. Connecting with the team of QuickBooks accounting service is also easy for the users. Technical glitches are common in accounting software. The cause of technical glitches is diverse and different error codes occur due to different reasons. The h series error of the accounting software is responsible for rejecting a user’s request to access a company file. In such situations, one can exploit the team of QuickBooks helpservices for an easy solution. The error code H202 occurs usually due to the failure of communication between the file being accessed and the work station area. The communication gap also generates various error codes other than that of h-series. Help offered by QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions effectively eliminates the error from the accounting software. This blog is to offer various solutions and common possible causes of error code H202.
Common Causes of QuickBooks error code H202
- Issues or errors in the file-hosting of the accounting software.
- The configuration or settings of the hosting provider may have some faults.
- The workstation may have failed to communicate with the local device you are working on.
- Respective port of the error code H202 may be absent or unavailable.
- Too many users try to access the file exactly at the same time.
- Certain parts or working components of the accounting software may have failed to perform effectively.
- An antivirus program may have blocked or prevented the ongoing communication between the work station and the local system device. The communication gap is a more common reason for the error code of H-series.
Most of the error codes of H-series can be resolved using the same steps as discussed here in the blog. However, a few steps will usually vary depending upon the exact error code. A user may use either of the solutions to resolve the error code. What should be kept in mind while implementing them that there are various reasons for the occurrence, so a single solution may not be effective and the user might have to try the other methods for resolving the error?
Easy Solution of the Error Code H202
Solution-1: Check for Connectivity
- Open the software application on all the system devices.
- Go to the File menu of the software application.
- Choose Utilities.
- Click on Turn Off Hosting to select it.
- Now go to the main device to perform the following steps.
- On the keyboard, you should press the Windows button.
- Type the command ‘This PC’.
- Go to the left-hand side and find ‘Network’.
- Check all the Networks are whether visible or not.
- Now try pinging all the network stations.
- Now ping the remote device showing error code H202.
- To ping properly use the command ping[Name of the Remote Computer].
If the final step of the above list gets processed slowly then it indicates the presence of network glitches and the error must have been removed. Check if the error has been removed from the software. Proceed to the next solution if the error persists.
Solution-2: Utilize Connection Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks
- Open internet explorer.
- Go to the official website and download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools.
- Install the software to use it.
- Now open the software and run tools.
- Scan the file folder of the Accounting software.
- Keep a check of the IP address displayed.
- Now go to the Firewall status section.
- Active the open ports by clicking on them.
- Implement the upcoming instructions.
- Now go to the local computer and check for the error.
If the error does not resolve then you are needed to try getting Firewall port to eliminate the issue effectively. Below is the list of firewall ports for different versions.
- QuickBooks 2017 Firewall Ports – 3 ports
- QuickBooks 2018 Firewall Ports – 3 ports
- QuickBooks 2019 Firewall Ports – Automatic renewal of ports on arising of error.
Solution-3: Integrate Data into Windows Host File
- Go to the C-drive of the remote device you are facing error code.
- Select Windows.
- Find and select System 32.
- Now choose the Drivers folder.
- This will land you to the host file location.
- Right-click on the host file.
- Choose the option of ‘Open With’.
- Move to the bottom of the page and find the IP address.
- Now type the name of the server here.
- Now save the changes made before closing it.
Solution-4: Change the name of .TLG &.ND File
- Shut the accounting software on all the system devices.
- Open the remote computer having an error code displayed in it.
- Now click open the file you want to access.
- Find and choose .TLG file that is concerned with the error.
- Now right-click on it.
- Choose the option of rename from the drop-down menu.
- Add the word OLD before the name of the file.
- Now find and select the .ND file related to the error code.
- Rename the file with integrating OLD as a prefix.
- Ensure to make similar changes in all the .TLG & .ND files.
Having done the necessary changes the accounting software will get eliminated of the error code H202. Alternatively, you can contact the team of QuickBooks accounting service if the error code does not get resolved. The skilled team ensures the resolution of the error code in simple and easy to implement steps. The occurrence of the error codes in the accounting software causes undue wastage of time, money, and resources. One may try to resolve the error codes by restating the computer device. A minor error code usually gets resolved by a simple restart of the system device. However, certain error codes are usually persisting in nature and don’t get eliminated easily from the computer device. QuickBooks helpservices resolves them to give you a smooth experience of accounting software of QuickBooks.