In a nutshell, QuickBooks offers an astounding platform to businesses where they can maximize their profits and enhance its productivity simultaneously. Many users find QuickBooks Desktop to be a superior product in comparison with others. While using it some users don’t know how to move a QuickBooks Online file to Windows and Desktop to online. The users often face issues in it and need some tips to be followed, for resolving this problem. If you are the one among then, have a look at this blog.
Tips to Move QuickBooks Desktop Files to QuickBooks Online
The major tips to convert QuickBooks Desktop to online are given below.
Tip 1: Check File Requirements
- At the first step, Import your data to QuickBooks with 60 days of the subscription.
- After that, go for QuickBooks Pro Advisor who can convert to 180 days of subscription.
- Verify all the data.
Tip 2: Prepare data
- Before you convert from the Desktop version online, you have to finish all outstanding tasks related to bank accounts, and payroll.
- Update all your data before converting.
- Next, clean up all unwanted data.
- Before conversion, you have to take a backup of your data in the data file.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, Go to File and then Create the Local Backup.
Tip 3: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- Create a QuickBooks Online account and provide all the necessary details that are required.
- Once done, Sign-out of the QuickBooks Account.
Tip 4: Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Once you have logged out of your QuickBooks Online account, Open QuickBooks Desktop to export the data.
- Go to Help menu and then choose QuickBooks update.
- After you are done, tap on Company Menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop to online.
Tip 5: Sign-in back to QuickBooks Online Account
After Choosing QuickBooks Desktop to online, log in to the newly created account.
Tip 6: Choose QuickBooks Online Company
You have to choose the drop down to which you want to import data to.
Tip 7: Copy Data File
- Once you choose the company file, you must copy the data file.
- Once all the data are copied, tap on notification.
- After your data is ready in QuickBooks Online, email confirmation is sent to you.
- Now, check whether the data have been exported correctly.
- Tap – Complete your setup button to Sign-In QuickBooks Online.
By going through all these tips you can convert your file to Online. However, if you want to Move a QuickBooks Online file to Windows and desktop to online , the conversion time depends on following factors:
- Speed of the internet
- Speed of the PC you are using for the conversion
Key Points To Move A QuickBooks Online file to Windows
Mentioned below are some key points to move a Quickbooks online file to windows.
- At the first step, Click on File
- Choose Restore, the window will appear before you.
- Choose the .QBB file and select a location to save the restored file.
- Tap on Restore.
- To convert a QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks for Windows convert, click on yes to continue.
- Once the file is converted, open it in the Windows Version of QuickBooks.
- When the file is ready to send back to the Mac user, Hit on it.
- Go to utilities and Copy Company file for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Now, the converted QuickBooks file will be saved as a .QBB file in the file name.
- Save the backup file.
- Once the backup process is completed, send.qbb file back to QuickBooks for Mac.
After proceeding with the guidelines to move a QuickBooks Online file to Windows and Desktop to online. But if still, you are getting any issue to move a QuickBooks Online file to Windows, then you can get in touch with our Quickbooks helpline support team at anytime.
For More Information