In case there is any issue related to the presentation of the IRS form then the user might encounter this TurboTax HSA error. It may also occur due to adding wrong or additional information in your IRS from 8889.
Conditions of TurboTax HSA error
Mentioned below are some conditions which may be responsible for Turbotax HSA error.
Condition 1- Why Turbo tax is showing an excess HSA contribution in 2019
Solution: The total amount that you an employer can contribute to the Hsa account is $3500 for an individual plan. Apart from the family plan, one can contribute to $7,000. Further, in case your age is 55 or you are older you have to contribute up to $1,000 for a maximum of $ 4,500 and 8,000 families.
- The penalty will be charged in case you made an additional contribution to your HSA. The user will not be charged if it is withdrawn before filing the tax return. Most importantly, you will be charged extra other than medical.
- The specific error is very common and it usually occurs when you accidentally double the amount that was already reported at the beginning of the first line of HSA contribution screen i.e. Box 12 of your W2.
- If you have nearly contributed excess but still you are getting the excess HSA contribution message and then it is because you are not eligible. Further, it might be possible that you need to be answered the eligibility questions incorrectly.
You need to read these points to check the HSA eligibility requirements
- You need to make sure that you are enrolled in a high deductible health plan.
- You need not enroll yourself in medicare or an additional secondary health insurance policy.
- You cannot claim somebody as a return.
Condition 2- I am receiving an error of TurboTax that says my spouse or I have an HSA.
Solution- In case you don’t have an HSA (or the code W in box 12), you need to follow these steps to delete all HAS data:
- Initially, you need to make a copy of your W-2 (s).
- Now, you have to delete your W-2 (s).
- The user needs to go to view options and then you need to select forms. Users need to click on the desired form.
- At first, you need to go to Tax tools, and then you need to go to the option of tools, and then you need to go to the tools. Now with this, you have to click on the option of delete a form.
- Now you need to delete forms 1099-SA, 8889-T, and 8889-S.
- Now finally, you have to click on the option of continuing with the return.
The users can resolve this turbotax HSA error with the above steps.
In case if you are still facing turbotax HSA error or any other turbotax problem, the users can connect the team of Turbotax customer support. The team is highly proficient and skilled. They can resolve turbotax HSA error or any other turbotax problem related to the software which the user may encounter. Turbotax customer support team is the main support team.
For any query, you can also contact us. Our team is always available for you 24/7. We will help you out in clearing all your queries at your convenience. Get more info. feel free to connect TurboTax hsa error Support +1-800-788-5999 Now.
For More Information