QuickBooks error h505 can occur when the QuickBooks Company files need some additional details of the company file. This error can also occur when the user tries to open a company file which is not available on their system. QuickBooks error code h505 can occur when there is an issues related to the multi user hosting. There are various solutions to troubleshoot Quickbooks error h505. These solutions are mentioned below:
Solution 1 A new company file folder should be created for QuickBooks Error H505.
- On the hosting computer, the user needs to create a replacement folder.
- Now you have to share the original folder.
- To share the company files you need to windows access permission.
- .qbw file in multi-user mode should be copied new folder.
- Now the user can easily open the company file.
Solution 2 Open the network port used by QuickBooks to transmit knowledge.
- You have to configure the firewall settings.
- Go to the windows firewall settings.
- To click on the instrumental panel the user needs to right-click on the windows option.
- In the search box type Firewall and then press enter.
- Now you have to click on the windows firewall.
- Now you have to press the options of advanced settings.
- Now you have to click TCP and enter the ports mentioned below in the specific local ports.
- For QuickBooks desktop 2018-
8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks desktop 2017
8019, 56727, 55373-55373
- QuickBooks desktop 2018
8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks desktop 2015
8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Now click on the option of next and select allow the connection option.
- In the name of field, and click next to type in name and then press on the option finish.
- Turn – on Network Discovery
- You have to open the control panel.
- Now you have to press on the option of system and security.
- Windows Firewall option should be pressed.
- Go to option of the click permit associate app which is on the left pane.
- Now press the option of modification.
- Select the option of Network discovery.
- Now press the option of ok.
The above mentioned solutions will help you to QuickBooks error h505. In case the error persists the user can easily connect to the QuickBooks customer support. This team of QuickBooks customer support consists of the skilled members who are capable enough to help you out to deal with error easily.